Full Time Work
- Provide leadership, mentorship and direction to the township’s administrative professionals, maintaining consistency in policies and processes.
- Prepare, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, reports and related materials. Draft requests for proposals, compile relevant by-laws and process information. Ensure all accessibility requirements are met.
- Arrange and attend meetings and events, prepare agendas and take/distribute minutes; coordinate travel, catering and travel requests.
- Maintain and update electronic and manual information filing systems as required; ensure compliance with record retention requirements and Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Create purchase order requisitions, assist with monitoring budget as required.
- Assist with the strategic planning process and implementation, including request for proposal preparation, project management, reporting and engagement. Monitor and track progress of priority initiatives.
- Take the lead on Township communication activities, including writing, publishing, and distributing media releases, social media posts, website oversight and public engagement.
- Provide support on government relations including the identification of issues to be monitored or influenced, such as provincial and federal legislation, regulations or by-laws.
- Compile data, statistics and conduct other research and analysis on topics and public policy, ensuring appropriate consultation or engagement, providing clear documentation of information, options, analysis and recommendations.
- Coordinate or support external funding opportunities as needed.
Service Area Support
- Coordinate meetings including those on specialized and politically sensitive topics.
- Assist with reports to Council, ensure documents comply with township standards and meet deadlines.
- Liaise and exchange information internally and with external stakeholders
- Participate in the annual budget exercise and tracking progress related to strategic priorities and service areas. Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Work with and maintain confidential information, including areas related to human resource matters. Assist in the recruitment, and the onboarding/offboarding process.
- College Diploma in Business, Project Management, Executive Assistant Program, Administrative Assistant Program, Office Administrative Executive Program.
- A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible and diversified senior administrative experience, including project coordination/management skills, advanced MS Office skills, with a good understanding of financial principals and solid business writing skills.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of legislation affecting municipalities (e.g. Municipal Act, MFIPPA, etc.) and understanding of municipal programs and services, including Council protocols.
- Understanding of current local/corporate issues, other levels of government and local agencies/boards.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, including financial, budget, records and information management filing system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Skills and ability to accurately record committee minutes and general proceedings
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines, exercise discretion and good judgement particularly when handling highly confidential/sensitive information.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should visit our Careers section to view the entire job description and apply online at www.wellington-north.com. Applications will be accepted in confidence until 4:00 PM November 19th, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. Wellington North is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities will be provided, upon request, to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.