Ensure the Safe and Efficient Operation of the Aquatics Programs and Services
- Attend and successfully participate in and complete the pre-opening, in-pool recertification, and training day testing.
- Create lesson plans for all aquatic programs.
- Assist Lead Lifeguard with special events planning and execution.
- Ensure all daily pool opening and closing procedures are being completed.
- Lifeguard public and private pool functions.
- Ensure all aquatic qualifications remain current.
- Practice and memorize all safety and rescue procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Available on short notice, submit time off requests in advance.
Ensure the Aquatic Facility is Run in a Professional Manner
- Ensure Town of Minto’s Aquatics Policy Manual is being always adhered to.
- Ensure the Health Unit Admission Standard is being always adhered to.
- Ensure all provisions of Ontario Public Pools Regulation (Reg. 565) are being met.
- Complete incident forms and paperwork if required.
- Notify Aquatic Supervisor of any pool closures or pool fouling.
- Perform administrative duties such incident reports, pay sheets, program evaluations, balance of daily cash receipts and deposits.
- Perform maintenance duties for pool operation such as deck sweeping, cleaning of change rooms and office, pool tests, vacuuming and pool temperature readings.
- Add make-up water daily.
- Add chemicals as requested by the Facilities Coordinator.
- Wear proper Town of Minto uniforms while on duty.
- Report to work 15 minutes before the start of your scheduled shift.
- Assist with general inquiries by patrons and/or patrons guardians.
- Be a positive representative of the Town of Minto.
Health and Safety:
- Work and act in a way that will not cause personal injury or harm to anyone else.
- Complete the Town of Minto’s Health and Safety training for new and young workers including but not limited to safety awareness training, work refusal and WHMIS.
- Familiarization with all contents of the Health and Safety Bulletin Board.
- Participate in ongoing staff training sessions.
Other Duties as Assigned by the Lead Lifeguard & Aquatic Supervisor
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Current Lifesaving Swim Instructor.
- Current National Lifeguard Service (NLS).
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR C.
- Current Criminal Record check.
- Lifesaving Instructor (to teach Bronze programs).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Hold an excellent understanding of all Lifesaving Society programming.
- Previous instructing and lifeguarding experience.
- Customer service oriented.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume before 12:00pm Thursday February 9th, 2023, to:
Matthew Lubbers, Director of Community Services
5941 Hwy 89, RR 1, Harriston, ON NOG 1ZO
Or fax: 519-338-2005
Or e-mail email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be treated in strict confidence. Any personal information that is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act will be used only for job selection purposes. Please note: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please contact the Accessibility Coordinator with accommodation inquiries at 519-338-2511 ext. 246.