Ensure the Safe and Efficient Operation of the Day Camp Program
- Meet with Programs & Administrative Assistant in June to review and provide comment regarding daily program plans.
- Provide guidance and direction to Day Camp Staff.
- Execute daily program plans for each day of camp.
- Attend special events for the season as required (2-3 Bus Trips/Local Trips of Interest - Library, Theatre, etc)
- Complete daily and weekly forms and required paperwork.
- Maintain good communication with parents of camp registrants.
- Always ensure the safety of camp registrants.
- Practice and memorize all safety and rescue procedures.
- Respond to emergency situations as required (i.e., first aid treatment).
- Ensure required supplies are on site.
- Mentor Leader in Training (LIT volunteers) when on site.
Ensure the Day Camp Facility is Run in a Professional Manner
- Ensure Town of Minto’s Day Camp Policy Manual is being always adhered to.
- Perform administrative duties such incident reports, pay sheets, program evaluations.
- Market and promote day camp programs (i.e., school visits).
- Maintain a clean and neat program site (indoors & outdoors).
- Perform daily clean-up duties at day camp program locations.
- Wear proper Town of Minto uniforms while on duty.
- Report to work 15 minutes before the start of your scheduled shift.
- Be a positive representative of the Town of Minto.
Health and Safety:
- Work and act in a way that will not cause personal injury or harm to anyone else.
- Ensure staff work in a way that will not cause personal injury or harm to anyone else.
- Complete the Town of Minto’s Health and Safety training for new and young workers including but not limited to safety awareness training, work refusal and WHMIS.
- Familiarization with all contents of the Health and Safety Bulletin Board.
- Participate in ongoing staff training sessions.
- Ensures work site is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
Other duties as assigned by the Programs & Administrative Assistant.
- Minimum of 15 years of age.
- Current Emergency First Aid & CPR B.
- High 5 Principals of Healthy Childhood Development.
- Camps on TRACKS.
* Willingness to obtain certain qualifications an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Previous day camp or child supervision experience.
- Customer service oriented.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume before 12:00pm Thursday February 9th, 2023, to:
Matthew Lubbers, Director of Community Services
5941 Hwy 89, RR 1, Harriston, ON NOG 1ZO
Or fax: 519-338-2005
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be treated in strict confidence. Any personal information that is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act will be used only for job selection purposes. Please note: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please contact the Accessibility Coordinator with accommodation inquiries at 519-338-2511 ext. 246.