Ensure the Safe and Efficient Operation of the Day Camp Program
- Meet with Community Services Programmer to review and provide comment regarding daily program plans.
- Participate in initial visits with for children with special needs who will be participating in the Day Camp Program when required. The purpose is to learn about the disability/exceptionality, what the child likes to do, does do and for the child to meet the worker. Document information about the child’s support needs (i.e., does the child need physical assistance, verbal prompts or reminders when getting changed for swimming).
- Responsible for modifying camp activities for the child with special needs and to advocate for the development of inclusive activities throughout the camp, ensuring the child will be included in all activities and be able to be successful despite the disability/exceptionality.
- To work in a ratio that best suits the child(s) needs (either 1:1 or 2:1).
- Provide assistance to them when needed (i.e. feeding, changing to swim, washroom, etc.).
- Weekly updates to staff on children with special needs.
- Complete daily and weekly forms and required paperwork including daily log of child’s activities and behaviours at camp.
- Execute daily program plans for each day of camp.
- Attend special events for the season as required (2-3 Bus Trips, Local Trips of Interest - Library, Theatre)
- Maintain good communication with parents of camp registrants.
- Always ensure the safety of camp registrants.
- Practice and memorize all safety and rescue procedures.
- Respond to emergency situations as required (i.e. first aid treatment).
Ensure the Day Camp Facility is Run in a Professional Manner
- Ensure Town of Minto’s Day Camp Policy Manual and Day Camp Inclusion Manual is always adhered to.
- Perform administrative duties such incident reports, pay sheets, program evaluations.
- Market and promote Day Camp programs and Inclusion support (i.e. school visits).
- Maintain a clean and neat program site (indoors and outdoors).
- Perform daily clean-up duties at Day Camp program locations.
- Wear proper Town of Minto uniforms while on duty.
- Report to work 15 minutes before the start of your scheduled shift.
- Be a positive representative of the Town of Minto.
Health and Safety:
- Work and act in a way that will not cause personal injury or harm to anyone else.
- Ensure staff work in a way that will not cause personal injury or harm to anyone else.
- Complete the Town of Minto’s Health and Safety training for new and young workers including but not limited to safety awareness training, work refusal and WHMIS.
- Familiarization with all contents of the Health and Safety Bulletin Board.
- Participate in ongoing staff training sessions.
- Ensures work site is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
Other duties as assigned by the Programs & Administrative Assistant
- Minimum of 15 years of age.
- Current Emergency First Aid & CPR B.
- High 5 Principals of Healthy Childhood Development.
- Camps on TRACKS.
* Willingness to obtain certain qualifications an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous day camp or child supervision experience.
- Customer service oriented.
- Previous work with challenging children and/or in special education
How To Apply
Please submit your resume before 12:00pm Thursday February 9th, 2023, to:
Matthew Lubbers, Director of Community Services
5941 Hwy 89, RR 1, Harriston, ON NOG 1ZO
Or fax: 519-338-2005
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be treated in strict confidence. Any personal information that is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act will be used only for job selection purposes. Please note: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please contact the Accessibility Coordinator with accommodation inquiries at 519-338-2511 ext. 246.