Supervise Aquatic Program Staff (Instructor Guards & Volunteers)
- Prepare staff schedule with the Facilities Coordinator for the entire season.
- Liaise with Programs & Administrative Coordinator regarding lessons and programs scheduling.
- Assign staff rotation for public swims where required.
- Develop swim lesson instruction schedule.
- Train, supervise and regulate lifeguards and instructors as per instructions.
- Evaluate lesson plans where required.
- Collect test sheets from the staff on the final lesson and submit to Municipal Office.
- Attend and facilitate staff meetings and training sessions (weekly).
- Ensure that all aquatic qualifications remain current.
- Evaluate staff at mid-season and at the end of the season.
- Available on short notice, submit time off requests in advance.
Ensure the Safe and Efficient Operation of the Aquatics Programs and Services
- Attend and successfully participate in and complete the pre-opening, in-pool recertification, and training day testing.
- Market and promote aquatics programs (i.e., signage, school visits).
- Plan and prepare for all aquatic programs for the season (Swim Lessons, Bronze Programs, Various Aqua Fitness Classes, Swim Team & Other Speciality Programs)
- Review lesson plans for all aquatic programs.
- Assist in preparing the pool for the upcoming season.
- Ensure all daily pool opening and closing procedures are being completed.
- Practice and memorize all safety and rescue procedures.
- Is responsible to be a back-up and take charge of any emergency situations.
- Review all training schedules evaluations, lesson plans, and staff schedules with the Facilities Coordinator.
Ensure the Aquatic Facility is Run in a Professional Manner
- Ensure Town of Minto’s Aquatics Policy Manual is being always adhered to.
- Ensure the Health Unit Admission Standard is being always adhered to.
- Attend Health Unit inspections when possible.
- Ensure all provisions of Ontario Public Pools Regulation (Reg. 565) are being met.
- Maintain proper pool records in accordance with Ontario Public Pools Regulations.
- Complete incident forms and paperwork if required.
- Consult with the Facilities Coordinator regarding suspension of unruly patrons.
- Notify the Facilities Coordinator of any pool closures or pool fouling.
- Perform administrative duties such incident reports, pay sheets, program evaluations, balance of daily cash receipts and deposits.
- Perform maintenance duties for pool operation such as deck sweeping, cleaning of change rooms and office, pool tests. pool tests, vacuuming and pool temperature readings, filter pressure and gauge readings.
- Add make-up water daily.
- Add chemicals as requested by the Facilities Coordinator.
- Keep track of equipment and chemical supplies.
- Wear proper Town of Minto uniforms while on duty.
- Report to work 15 minutes before the start of your scheduled shift.
- Spend within allocated budget for office, cleaning, and program supplies.
- Assist with general and specific inquiries by patrons and/or patrons guardians.
- Be a positive representative of the Town of Minto.
Prepare a Year-End Report
- Summarization of the season with recommendations for the next season.
- Review Job Description and Policy and Procedures Manual with the Facilities Coordinator.
Health and Safety
- Work and act in a way that will not cause personal injury or harm to anyone else.
- Ensure staff work in a way that will not cause personal injury or harm to anyone else.
- Complete the Town of Minto’s Health and Safety training for new and young workers including but not limited to safety awareness training, work refusal and WHMIS.
- Familiarization with all contents of the Health and Safety Bulletin Board.
- Participate in ongoing staff training sessions.
- Ensures work site is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Minimum of 17 years of age.
- 1 year working for the Town of Minto in an Aquatic role.
- Lifesaving Instructor (to teach Bronze programs).
- Current Lifesaving Swim Instructor.
- Current National Lifeguard Service (NLS).
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR C.
- Current Criminal Record check.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead others in a positive way.
- Hold an excellent understanding of all Lifesaving Society programming.
- Time management skills, Self-motivated, Customer service oriented.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume before 12:00pm Thursday February 9th, 2023, to:
Matthew Lubbers, Director of Community Services
5941 Hwy 89, RR 1, Harriston, ON NOG 1ZO
Or fax: 519-338-2005
Or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be treated in strict confidence. Any personal information that is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act will be used only for job selection purposes. Please note: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please contact the Accessibility Coordinator with accommodation inquiries at 519-338-2511 ext. 246.