Full Time Work
· Understand, interpret, implement and ensure compliance with all relevant provincial and federal legislation including the Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act (including harassment and workplace violence), Labour Relations Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Worker’s Safety and Insurance Act and Bill C-45;
· Coordinate the recruitment and orientation of new hires;
· Work closely with the Department Heads to ensure all training requirements are identified, met and tracked;
· Develop a key position succession/mentoring plan;
· Ensure pay/job equity provisions are implemented and maintained; completing market comparisons as needed;
· Be available to all employees for consultation;
· Coordinate and monitor all leave claims and establish appropriate return to work plans in conjunction with management;
· Support administration of Township’s policies as needed;
· Act as a resource to the Joint Health and Safety Committee;
· Act as an administrator for the HRIS (UKG) completing an assortment of functions and maintaining data quality;
· Identify and track best practices in HR related areas;
· Assist the CAO in various labour relations tasks including negotiations, grievances, and report writing.
· Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
· Three (3) – five (5) years’ experience in a Human Resources role;
· Established knowledge of human resources, employment legislation and practices;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HRIS;
· Demonstrated knowledge or related work experience in local government is an asset;
· CHRP/CHRL designation or working towards is an asset;
· Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
· A people person who builds strong relationships and works collaboratively;
· Someone who possesses excellent interpersonal, time management, and organization skills;
· A confident communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· An individual who places high emphasis on confidentiality;
· Flexible, adaptable and able to work well with a range of personalities and management styles;
· A problem solver who enjoys a challenge.
How To Apply
Please note that the successful candidate offered the position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination as a condition of employment. The Township will comply with its Human Rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
We offer competitive wages commensurate with experience and education, with a salary range of $35.17 – $43.96 per hour, plus OMERS and a comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants should visit our Careers section to view the entire job description and apply online at www.wellington-north.com. Applications will be accepted in confidence until 4:00 PM January 19, 2022.
The Township of Wellington North is dedicated to maintaining a respectful, fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this position only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. This job posting is available in an accessible format, upon request. We thank all persons for applying however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.