Full Time Work
Under direct supervision of the Plant Superintendent, the successful incumbent will possess the necessary skills to apply accurate, quality, welding on Viking_cives products while following all safety, environmental, and quality practices, with-in a fast paced, custom fabrication environment.
- Read and interpret Viking-Cives drawings and routings as it relates to the product being manufatured, raw materials used to construct product, and required welds to be applied.
- Proficient welder with the capability of operating MIG, and Oxy Acetylene welding equipment and common shop tools such as grinders, sanders and hydraulic straightening equipment.
- Adhere to and implement proper welding procedures.
- Maintain accurate dimensional tolerances set forth on drawings.
- Produce quality product while focusing on given standards.
- Handle heavy materials manually and with overhead cranes in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain traceable requirements by completing required documentation.
- Clean and maintain welding equipment.
- Adhere to all safety practices and report and unsafe conditions, broken or malfunctioning equipment.
- Requires the ability to interpret all welding symbols.
- Advanced capability for using shop measuring equipment (tape measure, framing square, straight edge, calipers, laser level).
- Advanced capability for using shop measuring equipment, and cutting equipment to cut stock (tubing, angle iron, channel iron, flat bar, etc.) for welded miscellaneous assemblies and frame assemblies.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock to prevent loss.
- Conforms to departmental safety requirements.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must have fabrication shop experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Quality Assurance Inspection, Equipment maintenance, Fork Lift License, Crane inspection knowledge.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent, 5-10+ years experience preferred.
How To Apply
42626 Grey Road 109
Mount Forest, Ontario