Full Time Work
This position reporting to the Plant Superintendent, the successful incumbent will partake in the mechanical assembly of Viking-Cives product while following all safety, environmental, and quality practices, with-in a fast paced, custom fabrication environment.
- Mechanical assembly of components on heavy equipment
- Read and interpret Viking-Cives drawings and routings as it relates to product being manufactured and raw materials used to construct product.
- Produce quality product while focusing on given standards.
- Handle heavy materials manually and with overhead cranes in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain traceable requirements by completing required documentation.
- Advanced capability for using measuring equipment (tape measure, framing square, straight edge, calipers, laser level).
- Advanced capability for using shop measuring equipment, and cutting equipment to cut stock (tubing, angle iron, channel iron, flat bar, etc.) for welded miscellaneous assemblies and frame assemblies.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock to prevent loss.
- Conforms to departmental safety requirements.
- Adhere to all safety practices and report any unsafe conditions, broken or malfunctioning equipment.
- Detail oriented
- Good organizational skills
- Basic math skills
- Installation of Mobile snow removal equipment on heavy trucks.
- Proficiency and experience working with, hydraulic systems, plumbing, pneumatic, electrical systems, automated controls, fabrication, and out of position welding operations.